What an utterly fantabulous holiday I had, and thank you all who helped to make it such. My first trip home in almost a year and a half... I can't give adequate account of how good the pizza really tasted. I will say this though, my first night home I ate pizza, pierogies, bacon and buffalo wings - and it was all delicious! It really makes me simply sad just to think of all the foods I didn't have time to eat, but I do think I gave it my best (^-^) Besides food, it was wonderful to see my family and friends. I was able to visit Yancy and Emily in Kansas - and I even went to my first college basketball game (KU vs Pepperdine) in which KU won! I saw the windows at Fields for the last time - so emotional, really, and quite beautiful - the theme this year was Cinderella and it was quite terrific. I even ate some cheesecake at the Cheesecake Factory! I had the peanut butter cup fudge swirl, although it was so incredibly rich that four of us split it and it was still so filling! While all of that was fantastic, I think the highlight of the trip was seeing 7 of my best friends from highschool, all together! Unfortunately Becky wasn't around (damn her) but it was simply wonderful to see Adam, Alex, Chris, Gary, Hummel, Joe and Mui along with Rachel, Kristen, Caleb, Bobby J, John Gee and Yost. Honestly, this was the first time in more than 3 years that everyone's been together, a treat really, and one not soon to be forgotten! (^-^)

A stunning Christmas tree outside the Cheesecake Factory at the John Hancock Center in Chicago.

Outside Water Tower Place on North Michigan Avenue, a beautiful Christmas view.

The family gathered around the table waiting for a Christmas Eve feast - chicken kiev, I love you!

In Lawrence (Kansas) with Yancy and Emily enjoying the food and atmosphere at the Free State Brewery. Even if the beer didn't win me over, the steak certainly did (^-^)

Quite possibly the happiest moment of my entire trip. Having all 8 of us under one roof and all spending New Years Eve together... The champaigne wasn't the only thing making me float! I love these boys and I am just so happy I was able to see them all and spend as much time with them as I did. In the back you have B (Chris) and Greene (Adam), in front of them is Cuban (Alex), Mui (Jay), Hummel (Ryan) and Gare-bear (Gary), last but not least is myself and Lil Joe. I love those boys.

I love this picture. Playing a little beer pong and Alex acts so surprised to get some splatter on his shirt. What a cutey!
Not what I expected from my first NCAA game but nonetheless, I was utterly thrilled to hear the "Rock Chalk Jay Hawk" first hand... more like a Gregorian chant rather than a cheer... but still so cool!
Booger (Nick). One of the nicest most loveable guys you could ever know. I'm so happy I got to see him, if only for one day... Of course, no visit with Booger (and at Gauldings house, no less) would be complete without a game of beer die (^-^)
Fantastic. This might have been the second most happiest moment of my trip home... In fact, I wasn't sad about coming back to Japan until I look back on these pictures. Friends like these are worth more than words can express (or atleast with my vocabulary (^-^)) In the back is Adam, Bobby, Chris and Gary, in front is Joey, me, Perry and Mui.
What a fabulous time to be home (barring the frigid weather and lack of Cubs games...) This is a house in our neighborhood and it was just so stunning I felt it deserved a spot on my blog. So nice to be home for the holidays (in a country that celebrates those holidays!)
Happy Holidays and a Happy 2006 to all!
1 Comments:
Cool! I haven't been to to America in eight years, and I do miss my mother's cooking, not to mention: I need to go shopping! Nothing here fits me.
Glad you had a good visit.
Post a Comment
<< Home