I love Bing Crosby but... somebody please, stop the snow!
Finally got my butt up and out of my apartment to walk around town and take some pictures of the snow. Of course, the excursion only lasted about 20 minutes because by that point my legs were pretty much numb... So, I guess I just want you to enjoy the pictures of my misery. hahaha Actually, the snow's not so bad, I mean, I'm lucky enough that I don't have to shovel or worry about stuff like that, I just have to make sure not to crash my car or fall on my ass in front of my students (^-^)

I seriously feel bad for the Janitor at Yonaizawa Highschool... This is a picture of him shoveling snow off the roof in a blizzard. I sure hope someone brought him a nice warm thermos full of hot cocoa!

This is also Yonaizawa Highschool. The crazy thing about this picture is that it's take from the 2nd floor, but the snow looks like it's right there! Fabulous really...

I don't know if you'll find this interesting or not but in a way to try and clear away some of the snow, people lift up the blocks covering the drainage system and literally dump shovel fulls of snow down... What happens when the drains freeze?

These poor poor doggies. I wonder how hard it was for the owner to shovel out their little house...
A little hard to tell but in the summer time this is a really nice garden (^-^) I'm serious 
The snow almost looks pretty the way it layers and dips off the roofs...

Sometimes I get that song in my head, from White Christmas... Snow, "It won't be long before we'll all be there with snow. I want to wash my hands, my face and hair with snow..."
These people even built a nice little roof to protect their trees... guess they new what was coming.
Now, I know you're all thinking this isn't really a good measurement because the Japanese are known as a well, a vertically challenged race... but let me just say, mom would only have an inch or two on this lady, and the snow is tall!
Leaning tower of snow
Not snow related but if anyone's interested in Hello Kitty head rest covers for your car... just let me know (^-^)
I tried to get a picture of one of the dump trucks that are crawling all over town trying to haul out the snow - I still haven't figured out where to though. Considering it snowed another foot yesterday there were plenty about, sorry for the blurriness though.
It's like a sick game of "Where's Waldo" more aimed towards "Where's the house?"
Of course, sometimes when I have that Snow song in my head I tend to change the words... replacing snow with heat... but then I always get lost cause I can't really wash my hair with heat, or could I?(^-^)v


5 Comments:
oops--screwed up the link on my first try at commenting . . . anyway:
cool photos
hey, you should really read Kawabata's book, Yukiguni (Snow Country)--it's beautiful, and I think you could identify w/some of the characters . . .
Thanks for the input but (and I think I mentioned this over the Christmas holiday) I've already read that particular book, for my "Love in Literature and Society" class at good ole LFC. It was good, as I recall. (^-^) How about you check out Kyoko Mori's "The Dream of Water" but I don't know how to link it so just google it, sorry!
fair enough--though my 'to read' list is a bit long right now . . . for tips on making links (if you want them), try my 2nd blog, Yancy's Web Tricks
Well Merrica, Holy slitz! I mean, just how glad I am that you have all that beautiful snow. Well we could use a bit here instead of green grass in the middle of this Montana winter.
-DAD
Dad, let me know how much and I'll see what I can do (^-^)
Post a Comment
<< Home